E-flite Viper 90mm EDF Jet ARF+ without power system (EFL17770)
E-flite Viper 90mm EDF Jet ARF+ without power system
Ref. EFL17770 - available from July
The smartest, best handling and easiest to fly large scale viper yet!
Scaled up from the popular 70mm version — and equipped with Smart electronics — the E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF jet delivers smooth handling plus incredible speed and performance that make it a perfect choice for low-time as well as experienced jet pilots!
Bigger Flies Better
The full-scale Viper was designed to offer fighter-jet looks and performance along with the stability of a low-wing sport airplane so more pilots could enjoy flying a jet. The E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF model follows suit, both in its appearance and how it delivers the widest flight envelope possible — whether you’ve flown many jets before or even if it’s your first largescale jet model. We scaled up the extremely popular Viper 70mm EDF to create the first 90mm EDF powered and largest jet from E-flite® yet! This larger version delivers the same excellent speed, vertical performance and aerobatic capabilities, plus it’s still easy to take off, fly and land – especially when equipped with the exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies included with the BNF® Basic version. It’s the perfect large-scale EDF choice for low-time and experienced jet pilots alike!
ARF Plus Completion Level (ARF Plus version only)
The Almost-Ready-To-Fly (ARF) Plus version comes out of the box with factory-installed servos, retracts and lights that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately), plus the transmitter and battery you provide (also sold separately). You can also install the power system of your choice, either from another similar class model, or using other compatible components (all sold separately).
Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights, nose gear door and flaps are functional features that take your experience to another level.
Shock-absorbing, trailing link struts on the nose and main gear soak up the bumps of rough surfaces including grass and make it possible to fly from a wider variety of fields. The reliable electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components, and the steerable nose wheel plus wide-spaced main gear offers excellent ground handling.
The Viper design offers incredible handling across a wide speed range and flight envelope. From slower-than-expected landings and lowspeed passes to 120+ MPH high-speed flybys, the airframe and power system combine to deliver unbelievable performance and aerobatic capability so you can perform giant loops, rolls, endless knife edge flight, snaps, tumbles and other maneuvers almost effortlessly.
The composite-reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable. And the eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with balllink equipped linkages, plus control surfaces with pinned hinges, deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the Viper ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The stabs plus the two-piece wing with hands-free connections bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport. Plus it’s factory-finished in an exclusive and unique high-visibility trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design.
Needed to complete:
- Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- Compatible 90mm fan unit, motor and ESC
- 6S 22.2V to 12S 44.4V 4000–7000mAh LiPo battery
- Compatible LiPo charger
- Lipo charge bag
- The Smartest, best handling and easiest to fly large scale Viper EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) model yet
- A scale jet model with incredibly smooth sport airplane handling and amazing aerobatic capability
- The best choice for a first large-scale EDF jet model because it's easy to take off, fly and land
- Extremely wide performance envelope and speed range, capable of top speeds up to 120+ MPH
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights, nose gear door and flaps
- Reliable electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts for grass and other field operation
- Expertly engineered and optimized ducting for incredibly efficient performance without "cheater" holes
- 12-blade 90mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible 3670-1950Kv brushless inrunner motor and 130-amp ESC
- 130-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data, plus reversing capabilities, via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh, or up to two 6S 3200-5000mAh batteries in parallel (or series for ARF Plus version), to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages and control surfaces with pinned hinges
- Removable/replaceable winglets, plastic capped nose and intake ducts for added durability
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing with convenient V2 hands-free connections for easy storage and transport
- Large and convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and pilot figure
- Extremely durable, fully molded and composite-reinforced EPO airframe
- Unique and highly visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
- Flaps: Yes
- Material: EPO
- Product Length: 50.43" (1281 mm)
- Product Weight: approx. 3.3kg (depending setup)
- Skill Level: Level 2
- Trim Scheme Colors: White / Red
- Wingspan: 55.12" (1400 mm)
|Kit version||Plug and play|