DRACO 2.0m Smart BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
E-Flite DRACO 2.0m Smart BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
Ref. EFL12550 - Pre-Orders possible, expected delivery: April 2021
As absolute RC fanatics, we at Aerobertics are delighted with this new model from E-Flite, the DRACO. Besides being an absolute eye-catcher on the field with its incredible scale-details, it also promises to fly fantastic, with amazing STOL capabilities. With decades of RC experience and as one of the most important dealers of Horizon Hobby in Europe, you are at the right place at Aerobertics. Always welcome in our 800m² shop or order through our webshop!
The ultimate bush plane for an unmatched stol and beyond flying experience
The Extra Scale DRACO 2.0m is one of the most detailed and feature-rich E-flite® aircraft to date, and the only officially-licensed model of Mike Patey’s ultimate bush plane. It excels at STOL and scale-like flying — and looks amazing while doing both!
Absolutely One Of A Kind
Inspired by the incredible ingenuity and effort Mike Patey put into building the full-sized airwcraft, E-flite® offers the only officially-licensed scale replica of the ultimate bush plane! The amazing DRACO 2.0m is one of the most highly-engineered, detailed and feature-rich RC models ever produced. Beyond its complex design and the accurate shape of its fully-molded, lightweight and durable EPO airframe with a factory-applied finish, it also features an abundance of Extra Scale details including a variety of surface features, steps, antennas, wingtip “stinger” skids, and much more.
The NX8 offers 10 programmable mixes, 2 sequencers, and up to 10. The exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current draw, overall flight battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, the NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly. It will even show individual cell voltages, temperature of the flight pack and other data when using Spektrum Smart LiPo batteries. Plus, optional-use motor reversing offers special ground handling and other capabilities (compatible Smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for reversing).
Versatile Power System
The factory-installed Spektrum™ Avian™ 100-amp Smart ESC and high-power brushless outrunner motor can drive the large-diameter four-blade propeller with a wide range of batteries. Install a 4S battery for slow and smooth scale flying, a 5S battery for added power, or a 6S battery to deliver better-than-scale vertical performance. Best of all you can install a 4000mAh battery to keep the weight and wing loading down, a 5000mAh battery for a great balance of performance and handling, or up to a 7000mAh battery to achieve long flight times up to 10-15+ minutes.
Extra Scale Details
The DRACO 2.0m features an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines, hatches and other surface features, steps, antennas, wingtip skids, and much more. A clear windshield and windows plus a detailed cockpit with backlit instrument panel and pilot figure add to the incredible scale appearance.
Functional Scale Features
Licensed, scale-like KING shocks on the main gear and tail wheel, leading-edge slats, slotted flaps and more are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
There are a total of 17 LEDs throughout the airframe to simulate navigation, landing, down, tail beacon, reversing and other lights. They’re connected to a custom light controller with different settings you can control from the transmitter to choose which lights turn on and off with various functions, glow solid, strobe and more.
Like the full-scale DRACO, the articulated and shock-absorbing main gear is equipped with oversized, tundra-style tires to soak up the bumps of rough surfaces and provide excellent prop clearance. It’s also custom-made from fully-molded carbon fiber to handle short takeoffs from and landings on a variety of surfaces. The shockequipped and steerable tailwheel offers excellent ground handling, whether moving forward or when utilizing the optional-use motor reversing to taxi backward too.
The two-piece wing is secured with unique, quarter-turn thumbscrews so no tools are required for field assembly/disassembly, and along with the V2 hands-free servo connection system, makes storage and transport as easy and convenient as possible. Best of all, you can have the DRACO 2.0m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The factory-applied paint and decal finish saves you time and makes for a scale replica you’ll be proud to show off everywhere you go.
BNF-Basic with AS3X and SAFE
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft. It also has SAFE. You get:
- Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- Automatic Self-Leveling
- Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6-8+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 4000–7000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5® Connector (We recommend Spektrum Smart G2 batteries)
- Compatible LiPo charger (We recommend Spektrum Smart G2 Chargers)
- Lipo Safety Bag
- Lipo Tester
- The only officially-licensed scale replica of the one-of-a-kind DRACO by Mike Patey
- Extra Scale details including an abundance of molded-in surface features, steps, antennas, wingtip skids, and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including licensed KING shocks on the main gear and tail wheel, leading-edge slats, slotted flaps, and more
- 17 total LEDs including navigation, landing, down, tail beacon, reversing and other lights with adjustable light controller
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Wingspan: 77.7" (1974 mm)
- Product Length: 53" (1346 mm)
- Product Weight : 4535 g with 6S 5000mAh 30C battery; 3855 g without battery
- Flaps: Yes
- Power Type: Electric
- Material: EPO
- Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel
- Motor Type: Brushless
- Propeller Size: 14.5 x 9 4-blade
- Receiver: Included (Bind ‘n fly)
- Recommended Motor Battery: 4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 4000-7000mAh LiPo (sold separately)
|Kit version||Bind and fly|
|Plane Type||Scale Airplanes|
- Cowling: DRACO 2.0m€8.99 €7.43
- Prop Adapter : DRACO 2.0m€16.99 €14.04
- Carbon Landing Gear : DRACO 2.0m€49.99 €41.31
- Hatch Set : DRACO 2.0m€44.99 €37.18
- Wheel Set : DRACO 2.0m€44.99 €37.18
- Landing Gear Axles: DRACO 2.0m€13.99 €11.56
- Landing Gear Arms : DRACO 2.0m€27.00 €22.31
- Landing Gear Fairings : DRACO 2.0m€21.99 €18.17
- Motor Mount : DRACO 2.0m€8.99 €7.43
- Spinner : DRACO 2.0m€8.99 €7.43
- Shocks : DRACO 2.0m€24.99 €20.65
- Tailwheel Unit : DRACO 2.0m€19.99 €16.52
- Wing Screws : DRACO 2.0m€7.99 €6.60
- 14.5 x 9 4-Blade Propeller : DRACO 2.0m€15.98 €13.21